Saturday, May 12, 2007

Blogging Problems

I tried to check this blog yesterday, but got the message, 'This blog not on this server,' and 'This attempt to contact blogspot.com seems to be a worm or a virus. Please check your computer with an anti-virus software program.'

I have no idea what that was about, because it isn't happening today. And, if I do have a virus (in spite of having anti-virus installed and running), it was me, not the virus trying to contact this blog.

I could contact any other blog, but not this one. So it wasn't all of blogspot.com that was the problem, only dubai@random.

4 Comments:

Blogger vagabondblogger said...

No problems from Cairo. Could be any number of things. Computers and the Internets are like drugs - anytime something goes wrong, you get paranoid. I know the feeling.

8:03 pm  
Blogger samuraisam said...

the messages from google claiming spyware on your computer stem mainly from Etisalat's decision to route the whole of the UAE through a few proxy servers; this means thousands of people are visiting using the same IP addresses.

1:08 am  
Blogger vagabondblogger said...

I was just viewing some stuff on my dashboard and the "status" link on blogger, which gave me this:
Friday, May 11, 2007
Blogger and Blog*Spot will be unavailable Friday May 11 at 4:00PM PDT for about 10 minutes for maintenance.

Update (4:20PM): The maintenance is over and lasted for 6 minutes.
Posted by Vincent at 11:36 PDT

Maybe you encountered the shutdown.

11:00 am  
Blogger secretdubai said...

Happened to me too, trying to access my Blogger dashboard. Total nightmare.

5:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home