Thursday, November 23, 2006

No More Illegal Activities at The Cyclone

From 12 noon until 7 p.m., the Cyclone is usually deserted, or almost so. It is quiet, and is a cheap place to watch sports on the paid channels.

I was at the Cyclone several years ago, and it remained deserted and quiet until 9 p.m. At that time, there was a cover of about €20 starting at 7 p.m., but happy hour on drinks continued until 9 p.m. Now the happy hour ends at 7 p.m., and prices triple on tipples.

As I left (at 7:01 p.m.) several young ladies were arriving (one offered me a ‘massage’).

On my way out, the security guard (who knows me well) said hello, and we got to talking. He assured me that there is no prostitution allowed at the Cyclone. It is heavily patrolled by the CID. Men and women have separate entrances, and, if an unmarried man and woman try to leave together, one or both will be arrested. He showed me where the CID patrol sets up its observation post around 9 p.m.

So I wonder why all the young women pay €10 to get in, or what would have happened if I’d accepted the masseuse’s offer?

3 Comments:

Blogger secretdubai said...

If this is really the case, and I must say I find it hard to believe as anything other than a temporary cosmetic measure, than the "night industry" must have moved en-masse to another nightclub. I wonder where?

7:12 pm  
Blogger Dubai@Random said...

As I said, they start arriving at 7 p.m. at the Cyclone offering 'very good massage.'

But you're right about 'cosmetic.' They wear lots.

And the guard didn't say anything about leaving separately for an assignation.

4:32 am  
Blogger Legal Translation Company in Dubai said...

English to Latin Translation
English to Pashto Translation
filipino to english translation
English to Persian Translation
English to Mandarin Translation

6:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home