Tuesday, January 29, 2008

More Arab Jokes

On the day before exams, the security guard called the principle to say that there had been a break in. The principle called all the teachers to say, 'There has been a break in, and you must make up a new exam.' Obviously, someone had to be last, and it was the math teacher, who did not get called until 1:00 a.m. Groggy, he prepared a new exam.

The first question on the math exam: 'A train is traveling at 200 kph. How many birds will be left in the tree if a restaurant sells soft drinks for $1?'




An Egyptian said (presumably in Arabic) 'I am feeling cold from the A/C.' A Saudi heard him and replied, 'I am Fahd from Jeddah.'




I believe I've mentioned that Farook took out ads seeking 'investors.' Farook's job is, basically, to separate fools from their money as expeditiously as possible, but, as my father always told me, 'There ain't no good jobs, son, you have to work in every darned one of them.'

Farook's first prospective investor (recorded previously, several weeks ago) was a Citizen who had been educated in England, who spoke English better than he spoke Arabic, and who, Farook thought, would be impressed by a Western associate.

Today, Farook's prospect was a Citizen who spoke no English whatsoever, so, after hearing all the jokes of the day, I left.

There were several more jokes, but all of a colour that I don't normally employ in this posting about life in Dubai, so I shall refrain from repeating them here.




So I'll conclude by saying that today is 'Goodbye, Rudy Tuesday.'

1 Comments:

Blogger Genco said...

loooooool
keep it up

11:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home