Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Return of Archy?

I was at work in a certain Northern Emirate (using my mouse) when a movement on the keyboard attracted my attention: sitting on my keyboard was a cockroach. I shouldn't complain , as it was only a small problem, perhaps 10 cm long, and barely able to cover all the letters in its name.

My first thought was that a co-worker was studying Kafka's Metamorphosis, and had brought the roach in as a prop, but we also have a biological project, and my second thought was that a specimen might have escaped from the lab.

However, the people who work in the biology lab denied the cockroach (three times), and everyone denied attempting to read anything by Kafka (in German or in translation), so I called and asked if something could be done about the infestation.

The answer was the usual, 'Bukra, inshalla, we will have someone spray your building,' which translates into English as 'No!'

I finally realized that a cockroach that takes up residence on a keyboard and cannot be eliminated must have a lot of wasta acquired from some influential Marquis, so I'm waiting for Archy to jump onto my keyboard and write something.

Unless my personally purchased can of Pif Paf doesn't send him to his next re-incarnation sooner, rather than later.

2 Comments:

Blogger nzm said...

You'll have to use a whole can of PifPaf on that monster!

The best cockroach killer is oven cleaner spray with ammonia. They roll over and die very quickly after being sprayed with this.

4:09 pm  
Blogger CG said...

Baygon spray is better than pif paf.

Pif paf is only good for removing tar from your feet after a day at the beach.

9:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home