Friday, April 13, 2007

Misread Sign

Wandering the streets of a certain Northern Emirate a few months ago, I saw in the distance a sign that I misread. The sign actually said
Bee & Honey.

Somehow, I missed seeing the "&".

This week, I wandered into the shop, and saw honey with about six different labels (all in Arabic), but it was all either black or honey-coloured. The black was priced at around €30 a bottle, and the honey-coloured at around €20. The bottles looked like they held more honey than I'd use in a year.

I asked about the bees, and was told they don't keep them in the store, but they can deliver African bees whereever I'd like them delivered.

And I always thought African bees were just for sending to someone you didn't like.

Some African bees made it to Latin America about twenty years ago, and people in North America were panicking at the thought of these bees crossing the Rio Grande. Hollywood even made a movie about a swarm of African bees wiping out most of South Texas, but I think (in the movie) that the Union Army managed to stop the bees before they crossed the Mason-Dixon line. I'm not sure about the ending, though. The movie was so bad, I didn't stay to see the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home