Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Still in the Northern Emirates: TV

The place where I'm working put me up in a €40 hotel. The TV has most of the channels blocked. I can't watch cartoons (I like "Tom and Jerry") or any of the English channels (like MBC or Dubai One), but I do get a channel called "Arab XXX."

Since it was the only thing on, I ended up watching.

A young woman appeared, initially modestly dressed in an abaya and veil. As Arabic music played, she began slowly removing her clothes. The progress was excrutiatingly slow as she tried to elicit the greatest possible erotic anticipation out of her strip tease, but, eventually, she removed the very last stitch...

...of her veil.

Of course, she was still fairly modest by Western standards, since she had six more veils.

At this point, an offer came on in Arabic that, for just €259 the viewer could purchase a passcard allowing him to see all seven veils removed and the woman's entire face displayed in full frontal pose. For a few euros more, the viewer could also have pictures sent directly to his mobile.

I was almost overcome with the excitement, but I'm afraid this job doesn't pay enough to put €259 on my credit card.