Saturday, July 01, 2006

Thermal Expansion

Everything (except water) expands as it gets warmer. Dubai is no exception. In winter, on weekends, I can walk to the post office at noon and check my mail. In summer, the distance to the post office has expanded so much it is an impossible journey for a pedestrian. So I haven't checked my mail since May.

The local hypermarket, in winter, is right next to my apartment. Now, it is so far away, I try to buy enough that I won't have to go there again for at least a month (but then I eat all the food I've stocked up on, and have to go again after a day or two, but reluctantly, and, of course, I can only waddle).

In winter, Deira is close to Bur Dubai. Now, it's as far away as the moon. Not the earth's moon, some other moon.

So I'm not getting much exercise, but I am gaining weight, i.e., expanding with the heat. And wishing winter would come.

3 Comments:

Blogger CG said...

Hey Fatboy! (jk).It is all the coincidental dining that you are doing as well. Have a nice expandable summer.

9:15 am  
Blogger Keef said...

LOL. I always wondered about the Incredible Expanding Emirates!

4:58 pm  
Blogger Legal Translation Company in Dubai said...

Iraq, Instructions No. (1) of 2015
Iraq, Bylaws No. (54) of 2015
Iraq, Republic Decree No. (19) of 2015
Jordan, Law No. (12) of 2012
Jordan, Law No. (43) of 1976

4:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home