Thursday, February 05, 2009

Remodelling the Bus Station

I found myself at the Bur Dubai bus terminal for the first time in several months. Ten of the terminals are now numbered from 10 to 20. I expected buses for routes 10 to 20 in the bays, but, of course, that wasn't the case, since most of the numbers between 10 and 20 don't go to the Bur Dubai bus terminal.

Other bus bays have the old route numbers on them: 12, 92. The buses parked in those bays were 42 and 44.

And the old buses to Abu Dhabi with Dubai plates and markings are now Abu Dhabi buses.

I was confused, so I asked if there was a map. 'No,' was the reply.

The only way to find a bus was by wandering around.

But, I think, once the remodelling is finished, things should be better.

In the West, they announce a remodelling, and, on the announced reopening day, there's a sign, 'Sorry for the delay,' since things never get finished on schedule. Here, of course, there is no schedule. So things are never behind schedule.

But in this weather, which is perfect, I can't really complain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seabee said...

I'm constantly amazed at the completely random use of numbers here, they're never in sequence. Road numbers are the same.

1:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home