Saturday, June 16, 2007

Walking

In Winter, I always resolve to walk several kilometers every day. I always fail to keep this resolve, but I usually manage to walk several kilometers every week.

In Summer, I find it difficult to walk for several meters, so I go to the gym, set the A/C on 'January' and try to walk several kilometers on the treadmill.

I had just started when a co-walker came in, turned off the A/C, opened all the windows, turned on the Sauna and opened the door, and started on the next treadmill. 'No good walking if temperature less than 50,' he said. 'Only good exercise if sweat too much.'

After a few meters, I was done for and staggered out of the gym.

Why he can't walk outside I do not know. He has the entire UAE where he can walk to his heart's delight at 50, but he says it's not right to walk outside: 'Must walk inside.'

None of this makes any sense to me at all.

But I am only one user of the gym, and he's bigger than I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger vagabondblogger said...

I used to sweat more walking back to my car, than I ever did in the gym. And people would always ask why I didn't shower after I worked out - why? It was a waste of time.

12:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home