Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Summer Surprise in Dubai

As a result of getting a bill for €90, I have cut back on my Internet until I can get Al Shamil. It's the same speed, but unlimited access.




The population crunch in Dubai has led to multiple usage of real estate. Some years ago, Dubai eased traffic problems by erecting many pedestrian flyovers. (Why English calls them 'flyovers' when they're really 'walkovers' is beyond me.) But now, the pedestrian flyovers must serve multiple functions.

For myself, I was surprised because I needed to get from one side of a busy street to the other. For Dubai municipality, the flyover was the perfect place to advertise the tenth Summer Surprises, and the crew putting up the sign took up the entire flyover. I was very happy when the crew scrunched to one side of the flyover so that I could use the flyover for it's secondary purpose of getting across the road.

I walked across as quickly as I could so the crew could get back to the real function of the flyover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home