Friday, August 18, 2006

Home Delivery

One problem with home-delivered food where I come from is that it is usually cold by the time it arrives, even if delivered inside insulated thermal containers.

I thought of this today, as I saw a delivery person carrying three uninsulated cardboard boxes.

This being Dubai, he had found nowhere to park except on the far side of the car park from his destination. And he had ended up parking illegally on the pavement (the other pedestrian pavements being already occupied with other, illegally parked cars).

Fortunately for his customers, it is August in Dubai. Even if the boxes had been sitting on the front seat of the delivery van in the direct path of the A/C, the delivery person had to carry them all the way across the car park to his destination.

So I’m sure the food was piping hot when it was delivered.

1 Comments:

Blogger Harsha said...

I have very dry skin, especially my feet. Anytime I'm on my feet for very long, I want to come home and dip them in a bucket of nice hot water. Which means boiling water over the stove before pouring it in a bucket. Last night I was too tired to do that.

I just filled a bucket using the 'cold' side of the tap. I couldn't dip my feet in for the first 5 mins.

I should have just boiled it. Would've saved the 5 minutes.

9:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home