Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Park Bench

Key of G major.

Sitting on a park bench by a roach.
I know I must have used the wrong approach.
So now I’m sitting here, steeped in self-reproach:
No one to talk to but this roach.

Sitting on a park bench by an ant.
Thinking I should go and just recant.
Thinking that it’s better to be a sycophant,
Than sitting here just talking to this ant.

Sitting on a park bench by a spider.
I know I’ve always been too much the derider.
So now I sit here, sipping too much cider:
I’ve got no one to talk to but this spider.

Sitting on a park bench all alone.
The bugs that crawled beside me squashed and gone.
If I had a place to go to, I guess that I’d go home.
But tonight I'll have to sleep here all alone.

3 Comments:

Blogger nzm said...

Did you have a brown paper bag holding your bottle of medication, from which you took liberal swigs in between verses?

:-)

9:23 am  
Blogger Dubai@Random said...

NZM and harsha: I wrote this poem more than 10 years ago, on a park bench in a Western country. It was partly inspired by a true event.

9:17 pm  
Blogger Legal Translation Company in Dubai said...

Dubai, Administrative Resolution No. (501) of 2020
Dubai, Regulations No. (2) of 1999
Dubai, Regulations No. (1) of 1999
Dubai, Regulations No. (1) of 1998
Dubai, Regulation No. (2) of 1996

4:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home