Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Middle East Queuing (again)

I have developed a rather nasty cold and sore throat, and so had to drag myself to the grocer's for some citrus, throat drops, and juice (I could have called for home delivery, but I like to select my own citrus fruits, and, in addition, getting one's order correct on the first try usually requires fluent Urdu and/or Tagalog and/or some other language I don't speak).

As I was at the checkout counter, with about half my items checked by the cashier and the other half still on the conveyor belt, someone stepped in front of me in order to push his six items at the cashier (naturally, she ignored him until she'd finished my items).

I can only hope he manages to catch my cold and sore throat.

3 Comments:

Blogger nzm said...

I hope that you breathed, sneezed and coughed all over him - and then wished him Ramadan Kareem!

The other day, this happened to me and a few others in the vegetable section queue at our local Barcelona supermarket.

An older senora barged to the front of the queue with her bag of oranges, then looked indignant as a couple of people in the queue told her where she should go. She directed the first 2 people in the queue to the scales, then hopped into 3rd place - much to the laughter and astonishment of the rest of us.

When her husband came along with 6 other bags to weigh, it got pretty ugly, I can tell you. Much shouting in English, Catala and Spanish!

Get better soon, DaR!

4:41 pm  
Blogger Nada Jredat said...

Hi Nzm

If you are kooking for a job check this website
www.bey3.com

7:26 pm  
Anonymous dubai rental property said...

The Burj Dubai, the tallest man-made structure in the world, the biggest Shopping Mall in the world with a ski track in the middle of the dessert! I heard they are even planning to build the biggest amusement park in the world. The Dubai palm island is a plan that is being executed and soon to be completed. They are constructing three Dubai palm islands that will be the three largest man-made islands built. As you can see, Dubai is all about bigger, better and unique. Another great project is the world map-like shaped group of islands comprises of 300 private islands.

8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home