Saturday, June 28, 2008

Apology: Lack of Posts

Dubai@Random is about my wandering about Dubai and reporting on what I see. Those who understand basic physics understand that, except for water, everything expands when heated. Which means that, as of current date, trips that were quite short in winter have expanded to roughly the size of the Asian continent, so I have been largely confined to my tiny flat. Even expeditions in search of provender are proving problematical.

I have noticed the advent of Secret Dubai's favorite mascot, Modesh, but didn't have the energy to make my usual summer note of this advent, and, in any case, Secret Dubai has been banned by the UAE authorities.

I have had to switch off my water heaters, so my taps are now in French, i.e., with 'C' meaning 'hot.'

Posts will appear sporadically during the summer, but I hope to resume regular posting once winter returns.

Inshallah.

2 Comments:

Blogger nzm said...

Keep cool!

5:50 am  
Blogger CG said...

Get the aircon serviced.

3:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home