Saturday, January 20, 2007

Video.exe Virus

I received an e-mail titled "British Muslims Genocide" with an attachment Video.exe.

I suspect all .exe files, so I ran it by my virus checker, which said it was OK. Fortunately, I didn't have time to try to watch and see what the video was about.

I got my latest virus (and worm) definitions, and it's a new worm which passed inspection with the old definitions.

In Europe, the e-mail says it has photos of damage from the recent storms.

Here, the tag line is different, but the payload is the same.

2 Comments:

Blogger secretdubai said...

Ooo - coincidence - I was just reading about that five minutes ago via my Snopes.com mailout. They're calling it "storm worm".

Of course I don't have to worry, since I use Macs ;)

12:49 am  
Blogger Legal Translation Company in Dubai said...

DUBAI ORDERS
DUBAI CIRCULARS
DUBAI RESOLUTIONS
FUJAIRAH CIRCULARS
FUJAIRAH DECREES
FUJAIRAH LAWS

6:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home