Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Main Post Office: Karama

Back in the West, I checked my mail daily. Every few days, a bill would arrive that had to be paid before it accrued interest, penalties, and/or having the utilities cut off. If I left my mail for two or three days, the junk mail would fill the mailbox to overflowing.

In Dubai, all my bills are paid by direct withdrawal, and I only get a few important items by post, so I don’t check more than a few times a month. Since Faysel, I haven’t been able to walk, so I hadn’t checked at all.

But today, with the aid of Proxen®, I decided to check my mail.

When I reached the post office, it was under construction. The sign said, ‘Sorry. Work: Expansion of Public Hall.’

And, as usual, there was nothing of importance.

As I left the post office, I heard the cannon signalling magrib, the time for iftar, which meant that the take-away iftar I had found on Sunday was already finished.

4 Comments:

Blogger CG said...

WOW, Faysel must have really given you a battering.
Have you heard from him since?
I hope you have moved apartments and changed your phone number. He may still be looking out for you.....Oh, I forgot he owes you spondoolas. In that case you will be safe as long as you don't lurk around the industrial areas again.

12:23 pm  
Anonymous Diana A. Herrick said...

Dubai is an interesting place where i enjoyed much,,. mail services is quite not important as what others had experienced,,, that's really true...

9:34 am  
Anonymous Sebastian Amet said...

Back to the west- Dubai an open city where everyone had freedom. So much thankful about on Main Post Office of Karama, now they operate back.

2:41 am  
Anonymous Chricand34 said...

Having said that, it is REALLY hard to save because it's easy to get succumbed to the "comfy" life in Dubai...so expensive ^_^

9:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home