Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Coals to Newcastle?

Normally, as I'm leaving for work in the morning, I see women returning to my apartment building after a night's work. I'd guess my building is at least 80% female, and that most of them work the night shift. The first ones return around 7 a.m., usually in taxis. The last ones straggle home around noon. The ones returning at noon are almost always dropped off from huge SUVs with windows blackened well beyond the legal 30% limit, so it's impossible to see inside the SUV at all, and it's left to my imagination what might be inside.

So I was a bit surprised to see a young lady leaving my building at 7:00 a.m. this morning and summoning a taxi. One would think it would be easier for the young women and the desperate men in my building to get together and save the taxi fare, but apparently not.

2 Comments:

Blogger samuraisam said...

Hey- at least you don't live below a prostitute… or do you?
The sound of stilettos upon the tiles in her apartment upstairs never cease to appease my ears; whether it is noon or 4 AM in the morning, she doesn't seem to ever take them off.

Lucky I keep a large machete in my possession if she ever knocks on my fucking door.

9:02 am  
Blogger Axonsax said...

laughing, a lot...!

but why is this act allowed to continue in our fair city? Islamic? mmmm to a point and only it seems when it suits. Dangerous topic that but come on, we all know the whores are out there, supply and demand, the oldest profession, makes no odds to me but continues to surprise me that it is ALLOWED to continue here in Dubai

11:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home